- Pub date: July 2017
- ISBN-13: 9781781453018
- Author: Richard Wiles
- Price: £9.99
- Binding: HB
- No. of pages: 96
- Photos: n/a
- Dimensions: 210 x 148
- Colour : Full colour throughout
- Biographic - Biographic Cézanne
- Biographic - Biographic Coco
- Biographic - Biographic Dior
- Biographic - Biographic: Austen
- Biographic - Biographic: Churchill
- Biographic - Biographic: Degas
- Biographic - Biographic: Leonardo
- Biographic - Biographic: Monet
- Biographic - Biographic: Rembrandt
- Biographic - Biographic: Shakespeare
- Biographic - Biographic: Van Gogh
The Biographic series presents an entirely new way of looking at the lives of the world’s greatest thinkers and creatives. It takes the 50 defining facts, dates, thoughts, habits and achievements of each subject, and uses infographics to convey all of them in vivid snapshots.
Each Biographic title is designed to be as entertaining as it is informative. Timelines not only pinpoint significant dates, but set them in the context and culture of their times. Dynamic maps locate biographical events alongside other points of interest. Character traits are illuminated by visual comparisons.
Many people know that Sir Winston Churchill (1874–1965) was a British statesman and prime minister, a speechmaker who led Britain through the dark days of the Second World War. What, perhaps, they don’t know is that he came under enemy fire over 50 times; took 36 bottles of wine, 18 of scotch and 6 of vintage brandy to the Boer War; painted over 600 works of art and won the Nobel Prize for Literature; and developed his taste for Havana cigars while working as a war correspondent in the Cuban War of Independence. Biographic: Churchill presents the finest hours of his life and work, with an array of irresistible facts and figures converted into infographics to reveal the man behind the politics.