- Pub date: April 2011
- ISBN-13: 9781906672997
- Author: Andy Stansfield
- Price: £14.99
- Binding: PB with flaps
- No. of pages: 192
- Photos: Includes photographs
- Dimensions: 178 x 145mm
- Color : Full colour throughout
- The Expanded Guide >Techniques - Close-up & Macro Photography
- The Expanded Guide >Techniques - Digital Black & White Photography
- The Expanded Guide >Techniques - Landscape Photography
- The Expanded Guide >Techniques - Night & Low Light Photography
- The Expanded Guide >Techniques - Photographic Lighting
- The Expanded Guide >Techniques - Understanding Composition
- The Expanded Guide >Techniques - Understanding Exposure
- The Expanded Guide >Techniques - Understanding RAW Photography
Understanding Exposure is an invaluable guide to taking better photographs using today's sophisticated digital SLR and compact digital cameras. Aimed at the novice or more experienced amateur photographer, jargon-free text explains the theory behind digital photography, how light metering affects exposure, and light's relationship to colour, colour temperature and white balance, focal points and the expression of mood.
Aperture, depth of field and shutter speed are thoroughly described, along with chapters on ISO speeds, dynamic range, use of filters, and making in-camera adjustments. Post processing techniques round off this invaluable guide to getting the best results from your photography.
Includes Quick Reference Card
Andy Stansfield is a hugely experienced freelance photographer and author whose work has been published around the world in both magazines and books. He has photographed a myriad of diverse subjects: from Queen Elizabeth's 80th birthday celebrations to the wilds of Eastern Europe and Asia.