- Pub date: November 2011
- ISBN-13: 9781907708015
- Author: Steve Watkins
- Price: £14.99
- Binding: PB with flaps
- No. of pages: 192
- Photos: Includes photographs
- Dimensions: 178 x 145mm
- Colour : Full colour throughout
- The Expanded Guide >Techniques - Close-up & Macro Photography
- The Expanded Guide >Techniques - Digital Black & White Photography
- The Expanded Guide >Techniques - Landscape Photography
- The Expanded Guide >Techniques - Night & Low Light Photography
- The Expanded Guide >Techniques - Photographic Lighting
- The Expanded Guide >Techniques - Understanding Composition
- The Expanded Guide >Techniques - Understanding Exposure
- The Expanded Guide >Techniques - Understanding RAW Photography
This new series of Expanded Guides focuses on photographic techniques not only to give you a comprehensive grounding in the subject but also takes you a step further to enable you to get much more from your photography. Expert advice, with useful hints and tips, is given by professional photographers, using practical examples of techniques for clarity, illustrated in full colour with the aid of clear diagrams and charts.
Landscape Photography is a detailed guide to capturing outstanding images in the great outdoors, using today's sophisticated digital SLR and compact digital cameras. From choosing the correct camera, lenses, filters and other outdoor photographic accessories to the practicalities of gauging the weather, tide times, and the optimum time of day to shoot, this comprehensive handbook discusses the theory and technicalities of exposure, composition, light and colour.
You'll learn all about getting creative with panoramas, abstracts and using flash outdoors, with essential information on slow shutter speeds and panning. Expert advice describes the preparation and techniques for shooting in the field, in a wide variety of outdoor locations, from mountains, coastlines, deserts and jungles, to lakes, waterfalls, rivers, clouds, flowers and trees - plus how to successfully photograph people and animals in the landscape.
About The Author: Steve Watkins is an award winning travel photographer and writer, and editor of Outdoor Photography magazine. He has worked closely with BBC Books, and wrote and shot three of the titles in the international bestselling 'Unforgettable' series, including Unforgettable Things to Do Before you Die. Steve has walked on the wild side for 20 years as an adventurer and travel photographer, and in the past eight years he shot 120,000 images in 65