- Pub date: July 2017
- ISBN-13: 9781781453025
- Author: Sophie Collins
- Price: £9.99
- Binding: HB
- No. of pages: 96
- Photos: n/a
- Dimensions: 210 x 148
- Colour : Full colour throughout
- Biographic - Biographic Cézanne
- Biographic - Biographic Coco
- Biographic - Biographic Dior
- Biographic - Biographic: Austen
- Biographic - Biographic: Churchill
- Biographic - Biographic: Degas
- Biographic - Biographic: Leonardo
- Biographic - Biographic: Monet
- Biographic - Biographic: Rembrandt
- Biographic - Biographic: Shakespeare
- Biographic - Biographic: Van Gogh
The Biographic series presents an entirely new way of looking at the lives of the world’s greatest thinkers and creatives. It takes the 50 defining facts, dates, thoughts, habits and achievements of each subject, and uses infographics to convey all of them in vivid snapshots.
Each Biographic title is designed to be as entertaining as it is informative. Timelines not only pinpoint significant dates, but set them in the context and culture of their times. Dynamic maps locate biographical events alongside other points of interest. Character traits are illuminated by visual comparisons.
Many people know that Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn (1606–1669) was a Dutch painter and etcher, a master of light and shadow who is regarded as one of the greatest of all portrait artists. What, perhaps, they don’t know is that he taught over 50 apprentices; that he produced over 2,000 artworks, of which 120 were self-portraits; and that, after buying one of the finest houses in Amsterdam, he ran up so many debts that he was forced to sell his wife’s grave. Biographic: Rembrandt presents an instant portrait of his life and work, with an array of irresistible facts and figures converted into infographics to reveal the artist behind the pictures.